Friday, 22 January 2016

Question 7


We evaluated our film opening and compared it to our Preliminary, and Juno tasks.
We spoke about how we used different angles compared to our Juno and preliminary. As you can see by the screenshots this is the extent of angles I used in my Juno, but I improved his massively in the film opening task.




Also I compared the film opening to my Preliminary task, where many of the shots were shaky due to the limited use of a tripod. Therefore in our film opening I ensured that we used a tripod, to make sure our shots were stable. But I also learnt how to stabilize shots in Adobe premier to ensure all of the footage looks as good as possible. As you can see from the screen shot our character isn't central in the shot, this was because we were filming this shot holding the camera. But also the cameraman is moving so the shot is very shaky, we made sure to eliminate any shots like this from our film opening.
Moreover I mentioned how my storyboards for both my preliminary task and my Juno task were quite rough and were not very detailed, so we ensured that we improved our storyboard for the film opening. As you can see in the first screen shot below, the storyboard for our preliminary task was very basic and therefore we struggled to film the shots we wanted. This then made me realise that to film successfully you need detailed and proper planning, therefore the next screenshot shows the storyboard for our film opening, it breaks down every individual shot, mentions timings and has a detailed description as to what will be happening in each shot. We also narrated over a video of our storyboard to ensure we included everything we wanted in our film cut.









All of these shots show a very varied of different angles in our film opening, which are much better than the angles I used in my Juno task and keep to the arty, cinematic feel of the documentary. This shows a clear improvement and shows that I thought about how I could improve the angles of shots I use to engage my audience more.

Lastly we spoke about how we decided to use a better camera than the media cameras. The Nikon DSLR we used made a much higher quality image for our movie and therefore made it look much better than my Preliminary and Juno task.

As you can see in this screenshot, we are both central to the camera, and the shot is very still and not shaky. This is because we used a tripod to stabilise the shot. Moreover you can see that the video quality of this shot is a lot higher than that of the preliminary task and Juno task, this is because, like I said, we used a better camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment