Monday, 7 September 2015

Genre - Film Language

In today's lesson we were asked to take pictures that represent genres of movies. These genres were selected randomly from a box.
This image is to promote the genre of Thriller. The image is masked with mystery and is difficult to interpret and determine what is going on in the image therefore giving a thrilleresque feel.
This image represents the genre Horror. The image has a creepy feel to it, as Chris has distorted his eyes to look inhumane, if I was to improve the image I would remove the background as it is distracting.This image represents action, the character is climbing the pole and has a determined look on his face. I feel that the relaxed background adds to the action feel as it outlines how Chris is over exaggerating his actions to create the action genre in the image. However if I had more time I would edit the images and replace some objects in the foreground and background to add the image.This image represents the genre Documentary. As you can see Chris is displaying and examining a rock. As he is facing the camera it looks as if he is telling the audience about his findings, and the red tape gives the feel of an archaeological site, meaning Chris may be delivering a documentary about history.This image represents the genre Comedy. As you can see Chris is flailing his arms to create an over dramatic, hyperbolic feel, which creates a feel of Comedy. He is falling over in the image which is comical to watch and so adds to the comical feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment